- 2 1/2 cups unbleached white flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 oz. fresh yeast
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- Lightly grease a baking sheet. Sift the flours and salt into a large bowl.
- Cream the yeast with a little of the water in a jug (pitcher). Stir in the remainder of the water and the soy milk. Pour this into the center of the flour and mix to a fairly soft dough.
- Turn out the dough on to a lightly floured surface and knead for about 5 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Place in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with lightly oiled clear film (plastic wrap) and leave to rise, in a warm place, for about 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Turn out the dough on to a lightly floured surface and punch down. Gently knead the pumpkin and sesame seeds into the dough. Shape into a round ball and flatten slightly.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet, cover with lightly oiled clear film or slide into a large, lightly oiled plastic bag and leave to rise in a warm place again for 45 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 degrees Farenheit. Brush the top of the loaf with water and sprinkle evenly with the sunflower seeds. Bake the loaf for 30-35 minutes, or until it is golden and sounds hollow when tapped on the base. Transfer the loaf to a wire rack to cool completely.