Lets go with simple, fast, and tastey!
- 4 slices sandwich bread
- vegan butter, as needed
- whole grain mustard, to taste, (optional)
- vegan mayo, to taste, (optional)
- Tomotoes (optional)
- 1 large ripe avocado, sliced thinly
- Spread the buttery spread on one side of all the bread slices. Place one slice, buttery side down, in a preheated frying pan over medium-low heat. If you want to add vegan mayo, mustard, or other "dressings" now is the time!
- Otherwise, lay the avocado slices from one half of the avocado on the bread, covering well. Place another slice of bread, buttered side up, on top. Let cook 3-5 minutes, or until the bottom is golden to your liking.
- Carefully flip the sandwich over and grill the other side 3-5 minutes. Repeat the above to make the second sandwich.
- This is best when you have a really fatty, good avocado (like Hass). If you use a Florida or other "low fat" or "wet" avocado the flavor is still there but it isn't as good, in my opinion. This goes well with soup.
2 servings, Preparation time: 10 minutes, Cooking time: 10 minutes