- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 oz. raw shrimp
- 1/4 cup each raw, sliced carrots, broccoli, water chestnuts and bell pepper
- 1/4 cup dry, quick-cooking brown rice (makes 1 cup cooked)
- 1 tablespoon each black olives and golden raisins
- Heat oil and chicken broth in a large skillet. Add shrimp and cook for 1 or 2 minutes or until they turn pink; remove and keep warm.
- Add vegetables and cook for 2 or 3 minutes until tender-crisp.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Drain and toss with olives and raisins.
Yields 1 serving
Nutrition: Per serving: 500 calories, 30g protein, 65g carbs, 14g fat, 2g saturated fat, 7g fiber
Recipe from Maximum Fitness Magazine. September/October 2010.