Strawberry Rhubarb Filling:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cups thinly sliced strawberries
- 1 large-rib rhubarb, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pea-size pieces
- Melt butter for filling in a saucepan over medium heat. Add fruit, and cook, stirring constantly for 2 to 3 minutes. Add sugar and lemon juice, and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To make crumble, hand mix flour, brown sugar, and butter pieces until mixture resembles a course meal.
- Divide fruit into six ramekins. Crown each with crumble topping, until fruit is completely covered. Bake at 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden. Serve warm.
Yields 6 servings
Nutrition: Per Serving: 175 calories, 10g fat, 6g saturated fat, 25mg cholesterol, 1g protein, 22g carbohydrates, 3g fiber, 5mg sodium