How many viruses does it take to get sick?
Simple steps you can take to help your body!
These foundation steps are critical to building and restoring your immune function. Nothing can replace the basics. No pill can take the place of what the body needs to build and repair itself.
Water, Water, Water
- Humidify the air at home and work!
- Stay Well Hydrated! Drink 8-10 glasses daily!
- Handwashing–wash those germs away!
- 7-8 hours average
- 9-10 for people with chronic health concerns
- Sugar paralyzes your white blood cells
- Strengthens your immune system
A Positive Attitude
- “A merry heart doeth good like a medicine”
- Positive attitude boosts your immune function
Foods & Nutrients To Boost Immune Function
- Beans, Nuts (such as pumpkin seeds)
- Vitamin C
- Citrus Fruits, Kiwi, Strawberries, Red and Green Peppers, Tomatoes, Cantaloupe
- Garlic and Onions
- Increase the activity of NK cells and T-helper cells
- Fresh Oregano and Thyme
- Fresh Ginger
- Honey Ginger Tea
- Vitamin D3
- North American Gingseng
This is a great little recipe to try when you feel something coming on. If it is too strong you can always dilute more and drink more. Take as you would an antibiotic, ate least twice daily and better if 3-4 times a day.
16 ounces pineapple juice
8-10 garlic cloves (a small bulb of garlic)
Blend well and drink as needed.
Here is a nice little recipe for your own essential oil hand sanitizer. Gentle on the hands, but effective.
Home Made Hand Sanitizer Recipe
4oz glass spray bottle
1 Tsp aloe vera gel
5 drops each of these essential oils:
Cinnamon, clove, rosemary, eucalyptus
10 drops of lemon or wild orange essential oil.
Shake gently and use 2-3 sprays on hands as needed.
For natural decongestant effect crush these fresh herbs and put into a bowl of hot steaming water, cover your head with a towel, and enjoy the soothing natural decongestant effects.
Eucalyptus, Thyme, Rosemary, Peppermint
Staying well is a challenge when the cold and flu is raging all around you, but keeping your immune system healthy by getting the basics in, like sleep, good nutrition, and staying well hydrated goes a long way to staying fit and healthy.